EXPLORE AFRICA FORUM
- Special Projects
- CURRENT AFFAIRS
Climate Change, Energy and Food Security
The major goal for this programme over the 5 year plan period is to build African Leadership capabilities on issues climate change food security and energy. The objective is to build capacity of African leaders to engage global and regional challenges and dialogues with sufficient depth and breadth of competency for an audible and sustained African voice and contribution.
Reviews planned for include:
• Review of land reform and food security in Africa, within the context of climate change and energy gaps;
• An audit of energy resources in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Projects planned for include:
• Establishing an African Leadership Energy Caucus (LEC) in 2011;
• Managing and mitigating the impact of climate change on marginalized populations in Africa;
• Training and capacity building of African for analysis, strategy, and negotiation on issues of climate change; and
• Preparedness of African countries for the 2011 Earth Summit.
Last Updated (Sunday, 06 February 2011 18:31)